Monday, March 4, 2013

Homemade Spinach and Mushroom Ravioli

Well I think this is the hardest I’ve ever worked for a meal.  My boyfriend and I were sweating by the time we finished hand rolling our pasta; we are definitely ready to invest in a pasta roller!  We also made a fresh batch of pasta sauce and baked bread sticks, but the ravioli was the real accomplishment.


FILLING:

Blend:

1 CUP chopped mushrooms and spinach (substitute or add any veggies / herbs you like)
1 CUP ricotta cheese
2 eggs

Store in refrigerator until ready to use

PASTA:

Mix:

2 CUPS whole wheat flour (or other grains)
3 eggs
Pinch of salt
Knead dough for 10 minutes then roll flat either by hand or preferably with a pasta roller :)

Flatten until it’s as thin as a penny.

Then place spoonfuls of filling on one side of pasta, fold in half and press around seams to encase filling.
Cut between raviolis with pizza cutter or knife and press edges together with a fork.
Cover raviolis with flour to keep them from sticking to one another.
Cook in boiling water for 5-10 minutes, until raviolis float.


Drain water and add sauce.


I have to say, as much work as it was; these are the best raviolis I’ve ever eaten!   Such a simple and versatile recipe too, I will be making these again.


Printable recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment