Sunday, September 30, 2012

Vegan Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookie Bars



These cookies are simple and tasty.  I make this cookie dough recipe just to eat the cookie dough.  I had planned to add it to some almond milk ice cream, but we ate all the ice cream too quickly!  So I came up with this.
 
First I oiled my mini loaf pan (You could also use a cupcake pan or a large pan and cut the bars into pieces).  I layered the bottom with pretzel pieces.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I used a cookie recipe from How It All Vegan.  First mix:
1 ¾ flour
¾ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¾ cups sugar
 
Then add:
½ cup oil
½ tsp vanilla
½ cup rice milk
1 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chunks)
 
Stir it all together and spoon the mixture over the pretzels.  Push the dough into the pretzels so they stick together.  Then bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.  Pop them out of your pan and allow to cool.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Not bad for vegan cookies, but next time I will add a layer of chocolate chips and maybe put more pretzels on the top!  And they taste great dipped in coffee or rice milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment